The coffee roasting company Burkhardt & Imhof oHG was founded in Munich in 1928. It has been a part of the J.J. Darboven group sine 1974 and is the second German roasting location after Hamburg. The roasting house moved to Sauerlach in 1992. The location is continuously being modernised and expanded - a new warehouse and logistics hall was inaugurated in 2007, the administration building was renovated in 2010 and the adjoining conference and training centre was built. In 2017, the most modern profile roaster in Europe at the time was put into operation, which enabled large roasting quantities with particularly low CO 2 emissions. Today, many products for the catering market are roasted and stored in Sauerlach and delivered from here to customers in the gastronomy and hotel industries as well as to clinics,hospitals, and catering facilities.